All Compendium News
Updates - and other assorted news and findings - are also often posted on Twitter: @NexusCompendium.
||Various Fixes - Posted on 2020-08-05 by Gnub
While the work on Tints is progressing nicely, it was time to add a few fixes on the side.
An unexpected benefit of the Tint work also means that the Ranked Mounts will be getting new and shiny images soon!
- The fixed rule of new Heroes' first Rotation being 5 weeks after their release was causing issues with the predictions, given that Mei is currently 2 weeks delayed. It now allows for delays.
- The image reference for Skins and Mounts in the Meta Image Reference were still using the old structure, and has been updated.
- The Meta Description for Subuniverses has been changed a bit.
- It is now much more visible when Limited-Time Items and Gold Mounts expire on Sale Pages, thanks to image opacity and some
- Rarities and Release Dates has been corrected for lots and lots of Skins - with a few more likely to come.
||Alternate Fates and Summer - Posted on 2020-07-21 by Gnub
With the Summer vacation hitting, less time has been available to update the site, strangely enough.
Tint work is, as always, progressing nicely, but I'll continue to sneak in other updates from time to time as well.
- Images for the Alternate Fates Skins and Mounts has been added to the site, including an image for the Event.
- Likewise, images has been added to the Skins of Alternate Betrayal, plus adding Sentinel Lunara to it.
- The name and description of "Shadowsong's Nightsaber" is updated to "Whisperwind's Nightsaber" and fitting to that of the Alternate Betrayal Warden.
- Release Dates changed to July 15, rather than the expected July 14.
- Lots of Skin and Mount Rarity values fixed behind the scenes - more to come, too.
||Minor Fixes and Polishing - Posted on 2020-06-30 by Gnub
A minor updated with a few collected changes, that had been piling up.
Summer is coming up, which will likely mean fewer updates - but I'll still do my best to keep the new Rotations and Sales posted. Enjoy the sun!
- Events that have not yet started, should no longer show as "ONGOING".
- The order of the Base Skin description and Short Role description has swapped places on the Hero Pages.
- Description on Mount Pages is now italic, and special details are in the bullet points.
- Description on Skin Pages are likewise italic.
- Rotation and Sales pages that are currently active now also links to the "Currently in the Nexus" page.
||Altered Fates Restructuring - Posted on 2020-06-22 by Gnub
One of the nice little surprises of the Mei and Nexomania Patch, is the Event Altered Fates, slated for July 14. That caused a few updates.
Other smaller stuff will be added over the week, alongside the continuous Tint work.
- Two new Skins, as wells as Two new Mounts are added.
- The Altered Fates Event has been added.
- A new Subuniverse is created, given that there's a large amount of Alternate Fate Skins pointing to Malfurion's Betrayal.
||Nexomania II and Mei - Posted on 2020-06-18 by Gnub
With the PTR hitting at the beginning of the week, this theme for this year's Summer Event was revealed, along with the new hero, Mei.
Alongside that, the Tint work naturally continues. It's all taking form.
- Mei has been added to the Heroes roster, and is displayed throughout the site!
- The Nexomania II Event has been added, alongside the Skins and Mounts, with both descriptions and images.
- The Beach Party Subuniverse has had its Nexomania elements moved to its own Subuniverse, Nexomania, given that there doesn't seem to be a connection anyway.
- Previous Nexomania Skins and Mounts have had their images updated with the new AWESOME background.
- A minor display error has been fixed regarding future events being listed as "ongoing".
||Skin and Mount Image Restructuring - Posted on 2020-06-03 by Gnub
A huge part of the work with Tints is managing the tons of images that is needed - and because of that, I needed to restructure everything.
Rather short update, but there's a lot going on behind the scenes! Stay tuned.
- Image paths altered on all pages with images of Skins and Mounts!
- If an image of the Tint in question exists, it is used instead of the Base Tint.
- If more than one Tint, the Base is always shown.
||Logo, General and Sales/Prediction Updates - Posted on 2020-05-22 by Gnub
With the site's 2nd anniversary coming up, the idea for giving the site more personality could finally be realized - and what better embodiment, than the playful and adventurous fun Li Li? This also meant some changes across the site - not only related to the new logo!
The work with Tints is still progressing nicely, and will also result in an update in image-placements for Skins and Mounts, soon.
- The new logo is now shown on the front page, alongside a much improved introduction of the Site and it's content. It's also updated as the Favicon, along with more formats, which should help it show up more consistently across platforms.
- The site now has a Web Manifest, which allowing it to be added as an app in the future. Please let me know about that one!
- Listings of multiple Tints on Sales for Skins/Mounts, Limited-Time Skins/Mounts and Gold Mounts are updated to only display as one entry.
- The same Changes apply to "Currently in the Nexus".
- A few changes to the listing on individual Skin and Mount pages for previous Sales and Limited-Time appearances.
- Predictions now consider the 18 Heroes, that are on a fixed 3-week cycle, properly, as the recent All Heroes Free Period caused some issues.
- The specific Prediction pages are now different from the main Predictions page, and only lists the predicted Heroes in the section for 3+ weeks and above.
- A few title and meta-tag tweaks for the front page.
||Mythic Pantheon - Posted on 2020-05-06 by Gnub
As expected, the new Greek Gods themed event - Myths - was enabled yesterday, bringing some interesting Skins and Mounts!
Work on Tints is progressing nicely - but it's indeed a lot!
- The new Skins for Tracer, Divine Herald, and Cassia, Thunder Goddess, are on the site - with pictures!
- The Cerberus and Pegasus Mounts are also added - also with pictures!
- A new Subuniverse was added - Mystic Pantheon - to hold the new additions.
- Love Goddess Tyrande moved to the new Universe - as she fits there.
- Images for Astral and Awakened Dark Nexus Manta have been swapped, to match their actual looks.
||Various Fixes Across the Site - Posted on 2020-04-24 by Gnub
Once more, the recent spring cleaning had caused a few odd side-effects - or maybe I had just looked a little closer around the site.
The work on Tints continues as well on the side.
- Fixed Battleground-Images showing properly across the site.
- Skins should no longer show "This Skin has:" followed by nothing.
- Sales-references should be better for certain Gold Mounts happening in odd periods.
- The Universe-Link off Mounts should now point correctly.
- A few more oddities fixed with the Event Listings, where some would still be left out.
- Frontpage is back to showing 3 News items, rather than 5.
||Event Fixes and More - Posted on 2020-04-15 by Gnub
As part of some of my recent spring cleaning behind the scenes had a few unfortunate side-effects, which should be fixed by now.
The current work is primarily with Tints and getting that in order - the first iteration will likely be to show the special cases, like the newly added Seasonal Tints of existing Dark Nexus skins. More on that, when I get closer.
- Events now properly show related Events in the same series and/or with the same seasonal type.
- The name and description of the current "Fragments of the Dark Nexus" (Dark Nexus II) Event has been updated.
- Duration of Events on the front page is no longer shown if the end-date is unknown.
- A few visual changes was also made to the same condensed listing on the frontpage.
- Mounts with the "Events" type, will now show Limited-Time periods, if a Tint has been that.
- The order of Zagara and The Butcher in the Free-to-Play Rotations had, at some weeks, unintentionally swapped slots - which is now fixed.
||Fragments of the Dark Nexus and Hero Price Fixes - Posted on 2020-04-07 by Gnub
With the PTR just hitting, it brought a slew of needed updates - but mostly just juicy content! It also gave me a chance to do a few fixes and a bit more spring cleaning.
Expect other additions soon - likely including more spring cleaning, and a closer look at Tints.
- The new special Core Abilities has been added to the individual Battleground Pages.
- The "Dark Nexus 2" Event has been added as the Spring Event of 2020 - the duration and description is still unknown.
- The new Skins and Mounts have been added - pictures included!
- Existing Dark Nexus Skins and Mounts have gotten their images updated, to have a fitting background.
- Tassadar has gotten his role updated to Ranged Assassin, as a result of his huge rework.
- Mount Pages now also have a "Gold Only" or "Gem Only" icon shown, just like a "Limited" was previously added.
- Gold Mount and Hero Prices across the site now shows with Gold and Gem icons, rather than the "Gold" and "Gem" texts.
- Hero Price listing on the individual Hero Pages now also shows the Hero's rarity.
- Hero Releases no longer counts as a Price Reduction on the Sales overview, condensing amount of Weeks shown on the list.
||More Icons and Spring Cleaning - Posted on 2020-03-28 by Gnub
As promised, this update has affected a ton of different things across the site.
Next up will likely be to make sure the Spring Event information is added, as well as finishing up on Skin Images - and probably a bit more spring cleaning, too!
- If an Event is active, "Currently in the Nexus" will show that, as well as an additional upcoming Event.
- Rotation and Gem Icons have been added on the Heroes Overview, to show which Heroes are currently on Rotation and on Sale.
- Rotation and "Forbidden" Icons have been added on the Battlegrounds Overview, to show which are in the Ranked and not in the Unranked Rotation.
- Mounts on the Mounts Overview, Subuniverse, Universe and Event Pages have gotten Gold and Gem Icons, to show their "Gold Only" or "Gem Only" properties.
- Events can now handle not having a date, and also show Heroes related to the Event.
- Hero Sales on individual Sale Pages and "Currently in the Nexus" now show with a Gem icon, as well as showing both the original and reduced prices.
- The "Current!"-text on Rotations, Sales and Events Overviews now links to "Currently in the Nexus" - but have also gotten the various listings removed, to make the pages more clean.
- The Frontpage version of "Currently in the Nexus" have been condensed further, but now have the 5 most recent newsposts, rather than 3.
- The page-footer and text before News have received a Twitter Icon, linking to the official profile!
||Cosmetic Changes and Update - Posted on 2020-03-23 by Gnub
Mostly just in order to update that everything is fine here, amidst the COVID-19 crisis going on all over the world, which has limited my time greatly. Family over all, basically. Still, a few fixes has been made:
Lots of other small fixes coming soon, which is mostly to do a bit of Spring cleaning, and preparing to show future content, where some elements are unknown - specifically Event dates.
- Mentions of the "Special All Heroes Free-to-Play Periods" are now called that, rather than Events - given that it is not an Event.
- The "All Heroes" portrait and text now links to the Heroes Overview, rather than nothing.
- A minor error on Gold Mount pages, showing them as being Gem Mounts is fixed.
- Links for Limited-Time Skins fixed.
||Skin Pages and Limited-Time Icons - Posted on 2020-02-21 by Gnub
Skin Pages are finally here - and with it, a ton of changes across the site, which caused almost side-wide updates. It's worth to note that the work on Skin-Images is far from done, but I found that to be of less importance for now. They'll all be added, eventually.
I have plans made for Skin and Mount Tints, as this will make stuff much better for showing both Seasonal and Limited-Time content - and likely some other updates to clean up the site.
- All Skins have their own Individual Page, including information about Sales, Limited-Time periods, if the Skin had previously been a Master or Gem Only - and many other things!
- A shiny Skins Overview Page.
- Reference to Skins across the Site now shows Image, in a matter similar to Mounts.
- Just like Seasonal Icons, Limited-Time Icons have been added.
- The Headline-style has changed across the site to "Name <Type>", rather than the opposite, and simplified for sub-headlines.
- Seasonal Event keys have updated to better match the name of the Event itself (something that should have been done ages ago), rather than which Season it belonged to.
- The Event Overview now uses the newly added Seasonal Icons as well.
- A few fixes were made to Event Pages, as it showed the incorrect numbers of Battlegrounds supplied - and didn't even show them in the first place.
- Some updates to the different pages' meta keywords. Nothing to talk about.
||Skin Naming Updates - Posted on 2020-02-14 by Gnub
With the work on Skins being properly in motion, I figured it was time to get the naming conventions sorted out, given as Skins had been a combination of the Skins name and that of the Hero wearing it.
Basically, a very back-end heavy update, but one that was sorely needed. The work continues.
- Skin Names updated across the site.
- Names that previously altered the Hero's name (such as Cyb'arak, Doctor Wolf & Stein and the like) now shows correctly.
- All of Cho'gall's skins now points to Cho, rather than having a special case referring to both - this will, naturally, be fixed when the individual pages hit.
- The Seasonal icons have moved physical location.
- Cho and Gall now have more fitting hero-keys ("cho" and "gall", respectfully).
||Seasonal Icons Added - Posted on 2020-02-10 by Gnub
After finally getting a version of the Seasonal Icons, that could still be easily recognizable in a tiny version, I thought this was a good time to add them, as it really made everything much more clear.
Along with the continued Skins work, I will get a Limited-Time Icon added soon as well, after I figure out a good way to show it, given that it's often only a given Tint of an item which is Limited, rather than the full Mount or Skin.
- Universe, Subuniverse and Hero Pages that lists Mounts or Skins, now shows a tiny Seasonal Icon.
- The newly rebuilt Mounts Overview, as well as the Frontpage and Currently in the Nexus also has it visible.
- The file format of the icons changed that of the bigger logos.
- Updated duration and remaining time left displays for Events across the site to be more clear.
- Some redundant information about Events being removed as well, given as it was already visible with the Seasonal logo.
- Counts of Skins and Mounts on Event Pages got updated to more clearly show if the items they added were Seasonal or not - or both!
||Mount Bugs & Other Fixes - Posted on 2020-02-07 by Gnub
With all big updates comes bugs, in various different forms. The Mounts release had a few as well, but it also gave me the time to fix a few other things.
Otherwise, the work with Skins continue.
- Mounts with multiple Tints on Sale on the same date no longer shows it as "on release".
- A new "Exclusive" category is added to a few select mounts, signaling their unique (unobtainable) state.
- A few cases of Gold Mounts not being displayed in Sales were fixed - including the dreaded Halloween sale of 2015.
- Fixed some meta-tags around the site.
- The Ranged & Melee Assassin Hero Role links were updated to look more like other links ("ranged-assassin" instead of "rassassin").
||Individual Mount Pages & Gold Mounts - Posted on 2020-02-05 by Gnub
One of the bigger updates in while, in terms of pages affected and added, given that Mounts now have their Individual pages - and Gold Mount data is now being displayed throughout the site!
Lots of the back-end work done will also make the work for Skins easier - and that's progressing nicely too. The biggest part of the work is getting the images ready.
- Every single Mount now have their own individual page on the site, with a photo as well as information relevant to their type.
- The Mount Overview page has been updated to look much better and easier to read.
- Universe, Subuniverse, Event and Seasonal Event Pages now shows Mounts as Images rather than a list, with a link to the Mount's page.
- Currently in the Nexus and the frontpage now also display the current Gold Mounts.
- The Sales Overview lists details about Gold Mount availability.
- Individual Sales shows Mount Images, as well as Gold Mounts.
||Event Duration Clarifications - Posted on 2020-01-25 by Gnub
The work with Mounts and Skins continues, but there's still room for a few fixes here and there:
Mounts will likely go live before Skins, given that the images are already there. Skins might come shortly after, depending on the need to gather the images beforehand. Stay tuned.
- Event Durations are properly shown on Event and Seasonal pages, previously only visible on "Currently in the Nexus".
- A few texts on the Frontpage are cleared up.
||Skins & Mount Work Started - Posted on 2020-01-17 by Gnub
As I begun started working on the individual pages for Skins & Mounts, one of the tasks meant including them in the listings similar to Hero Sales/Rotations - which meant I noticed other things:
The intention is to show Sales and Limited-Time Sales (End Date for these as well) as well for Skins and Mounts, given that Rotations - obviously - cannot.
- All-Heroes Free-to-Play events are now listed properly, as they had found their way to appear earlier than intended, causing the lists not to be sorted. Don't ask.
- The End Date of these are now also visible.
||Naming Updates and Heroes Patch Notes - Posted on 2020-01-10 by Gnub
A nerve-wrecking backend update to make, but everything worked out as it should, luckily.
With the fear of repeating myself: The focus will shift to doing more content, rather than tidying up. I promise!
- Universe and Subuniverse links now have a proper naming, rather than the old lengths of 3 and 5 characters, respectfully.
- The same logic applies to Entities, with their image-links now being full length, rather than the old 3 character length.
- Subuniverse pages have a more fitting image - I will update those more later on.
- Last, but not least, I changed the links to Heroes Patch Notes to be Icons (just like the recent Heroes Profile addition), instead of a text-link on Hero and Battleground pages.
||404 Handling and Heroes Profile - Posted on 2020-01-03 by Gnub
The year 2020 starts with a rather mixed update, giving both a not-so-obvious change as well as a much more visible one.
And, with that, the focus will shift to doing more content, rather than tidying up. Stay tuned - 2020 is going to be fun!
- The site now has a proper "404 - Page Not Found" error page. I will improve it later, but now it's there!
- Heroes Profile has made its way to the Nexus Compendium, by providing a link to see the Talent Win Rates.
- In the same way, Win Rate per Hero can be found on the Hero Role pages.
- The same applies for Battleground pages, too!
||SEO and URL-Structure Improvements - Posted on 2019-12-27 by Gnub
With the recent improvements to the SEO structuring and addition of better meta-tags, I found a way to solve the problem I started looking at back in May, which means a rather big visual change.
This will, most likely, be the last proper update for this year, so HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR! And no worries, there's still lots to come in 2020.
- All URLs are now in a more Folder-like structure, and gone are the .php-extentions (they can, however, still be used).
- As a result of that, all pages have a canonical adresse listed in the source.
- The About-page's Source-listing is easier to read.
- Portrait-size on Entities-page got slightly enlarged to match Announcers.
||Sale Listing Improvements - Posted on 2019-12-18 by Gnub
Just as I thought we had seen the last of Skin and Mount Sales, they reappear in a majestic fashion, making the site's Sales Listings look horrible.
And, as always, I have ideas about what I want to work on next being spoiled by stuff like this. Still, improvements are improvements!
- Skin and Mount sales are now properly listed in "Current"-views (Frontpage, Currently in the Nexus and Sales).
- The listings have also gotten headers for each type (Hero, Skin, Mount, Limited).
- Code format clean-up to support the above.
- Improved the recent SEO updates for Events.
||SEO and Meta Tags - Posted on 2019-12-14 by Gnub
Something I should have done in more detail a long time ago, really. It was time to make the linking of the site much better, rather than being the same description, no matter what.
December has been quite hectic, but there should still be time for non-content updates before the end of the year. Stay tuned!
- All pages have had their meta-details updated, and have specific information, whenever possible.
- This includes stuff like images, titles and descriptions.
- Various missing image-tags have been completed.
||Sales & Limited-Time Item Displays - Posted on 2019-12-03 by Gnub
As a result of the Deathwing patch hitting, and the Heroic Deals being updated earlier than usual alongside it, I figured it was time remove some old logic that no longer served its purpose.
Expect other updates soon.
- Sales (and related data) no longer waits until the scheduled reset-time to change, as new data only becomes available afterwards.
- Displays for Limited-Time Item enddates now shows as "(estimated)", as it can only be certain after it has ended - even though there are good ideas about said date.
- Updated data relevant to the upcoming Toys 2 event, starting in 2 weeks!
||Deathwing Updated - Posted on 2019-11-25 by Gnub
With Deathwing arriving to the PTR, we finally got an official Release for him. That also means I can update the data related to him, which caused a few other minor changes.
Builds are in the works still, along with different optimizations for Rotations and Sales.
- Deathwing's Skin - as well as Destroyer Brightwing - is added.
- Information about this year's Winter Event - Toys 2 - is added, and will get updated once more information is released.
- Price Changes are only shown from when a given Hero is released.
- In the same way, no information is written about currently being in Rotation or on Sale.
- Base versions of Skins being a Limited-Time Item will no longer show as "Base", but simply as the Hero's Name.
||Sales Overview Performance Fix - Posted on 2019-11-19 by Gnub
I figured out that my recent change of more accurately showing the amount of price changes had an unfortunate sideeffect of make the Sales Overview extremely slow!
Builds are being worked on, and I have begun the proper plans for adding Skin and Mount pages!
- Sales Overview optimzed to load at approximately 6% of the original.
- That is, from around 5.5 seconds to about 0.3 seconds.
||More Rotation, Sales & Price Fixes - Posted on 2019-11-15 by Gnub
Sometimes, I feel like I keep posting the same updates, but it might be because there's so much number-crunching needed to get this right. Either way, more fixes!
And now, for real, the next goals will be more visual!
- Price Reduction links from Hero Pages points to the fitting Sales week, if applicable.
- Sales overviews correctly includes Price Reductions happening off-date (such as Zul'jin's and Ragnaros' releases).
- Various fixes for the Sale Pages showing at the correct times.
- Currently in the Nexus is now linked from the frontpage - something I totally forgot to include in the last update!
- Fixed the Counts on the Frontpage to include Price Reduction-only Sales and the Special All Heroes Free-to-Play periods.
||Rotation & Sales/Price Fixes - Posted on 2019-11-11 by Gnub
Now that the latest Free-to-Play Period is over - and I found out that it didn't last until the next Rotation (tomorrow), I gave everything a few fixes to improve the displays of the actual durations.
Onwards to more visual and exciting stuff!
- Rotation pages now properly show if they are normal rotations, and their actual start- and end-dates.
- Current-displays are also updated the same way.
- Sales lists are better at showing Price Reductions.
- Hero Pages linking to older Price Reductions now properly works.
- Currently in the Nexus shows more detailed Event end-information.
- Added the remaining Alpha-data, increasing the total amount of Free-to-Play Rotations to 300 (5 of which being "All Heroes Free"-events)
||Free-to-Play Period Tweaks - Posted on 2019-11-07 by Gnub
As a result of the newly added Free-to-Play Periods, I figured it would be a neat detail to actually show the Heroes that were Free-to-Play at the time.
Looking into getting the remaining Alpha-data added, and then onwards to other, more visual, stuff.
- All Heroes released before the start of a special All Heroes Free-to-Play Period is now shown on the designated Rotation Pages, rather than only a single "All Heroes" placeholder.
- The "All Heroes" placeholder remains on other displays, in order to not cause clutter.
- All Rotation pages now show the Amount of Heroes Free-to-Play in that period.
- Announcers-page only shows Heroes and Skins that has been released.
||All Heroes Free-to-Play Periods Added - Posted on 2019-11-03 by Gnub
This year's BlizzCon came with the lovely surprise of a long period of all Heroes being Free-to-Play (November 1st to 11th), which I knew would cause both problems on the site - and simply not being able to show it. So, I made the following changes:
Builds will likely be the next to be added - but I also dug out some Alpha rotation data from 2014-03-14 to the current oldest Rotation from 2015-02-12, which is an additional 48 weeks of data - bringing the total to 299. More on that later.
- Hero-specific Rotation listing now include periods where All Heroes were Free-to-Play, since they released.
- Predictions handle the longer Free-to-Play periods, by not predicting for them. They also do not count as a Hero being properly in Rotation.
- Rotation listings include the Free-to-Play periods, and displays the amount of Heroes included.
- Currently in the Nexus, Frontpage and Rotation listings of the Current Rotation shows "All Heroes" when a All Heroes Free-to-Play Period is in Effect.
- Specfic pages are made for these periods, just like normal Rotation-weeks - these will, in time, be updated to show the full list of Heroes included, rather than "All Heroes" as other listings.
- Slightly unrelated: Announcers portraits got enlarged, to prepare for Builds.
||Deathwing and Hero Page Fixes - Posted on 2019-10-24 by Gnub
With Deathwing announcing his arrival at the Nexus, I thought it would be great to have him added to the site, even though we know very little about him - and that caused some things to be changed, as well as some other fixes.
On the sideline, I'm still looking at Builds, Skins and such. Oh, and BlizzCon is near!
- Deathwing now has his own Hero Page.
- Heroes with Unknown Release Dates displays as such.
- Predictions and likewise display ignore Heroes with an Unknown Release Date.
- If no official site link exists, no link is shown.
- Both Cho and Gall now properly show their price reductions.
- Skin Names for all other Heroes than Cho'gall now again display their name.
||Prediction Fixes - Posted on 2019-10-18 by Gnub
Addressed a few error in the way Predictions worked, which was made apparent when using the method to see how a given prediction was based on a given week.
But, that being said, I'm looking into a way to add Hero Build links to the site, which should be very useful. Stay tuned - it's in the works!
- Release Dates are considered for the Rotation/Sale date of the given week, which gave problems for Heroes like Ragnaros and Zul'jin.
||Battleground Rotation Fixes - Posted on 2019-10-01 by Gnub
A quick boring update, to address a few fixes:
Hopefully the next update should be more exciting.
- The Date for the latest changes to the Battleground Rotation is now correct, as it only showed the date with the last additions - not removals.
- The fix is applied on both "Rotations" and "Currently in the Nexus" pages.
||Hero Price Changes Added - Posted on 2019-09-27 by Gnub
After some reorganizing to figure out how to show the information, Hero Price Changes are now added to the site!
Prediction improvements, Skins listings and much other stuff is on top of the current backlog - but other neat stuff might also sneak in, depending on what happens.
- Individual Hero pages show Price Changes at the Sales section.
- Weekly Sales pages show Hero Price Changes.
- Sales Overview lists which weeks included Hero Price Changes.
- Compact version of Currently in the Nexus added.
- A small addition of showing which Seasonal Event an Event belonged to on the Event Overview page.
||The Scarlet Heist Added - Posted on 2019-09-16 by Gnub
Now that the Fall Event of 2019 is here: The Scarlet Heist, the various items from there has been added to the site - check it out from the top menu!
Once I get done combing through the PTR, I'll have images for every skin in the game (Base tints, that is), which would give the foundation for showing Skin images, just like for Mounts. I'll likely prioritize that higher, as it adds a ton of value to the site.
- The Event features 4 new Skins: Wiseguy Junkrat, Baby-Face Orphea, Big Shot Sgt. Hammer and Showstopper Whitemane, 5 new Mounts: Timmy Raccoon, Getaway Sidecar, Venomous Tombstone, Revered Tombstone and Celestial Tidewalker, as well as a new Subuniverse: New Tirisfal!
- Fixed a display issue for Events with no image.
- Expiry-dates on Limited-Time Items on Sales pages no longer point to non-existent pages.
||Battleground Brush-up - Posted on 2019-08-30 by Gnub
A few quality of life fixes for the Battleground pages, to make everything a bit better.
Still looking into getting Hero Prices shown properly, as well as improving the Prediction results.
- For some reason, I had the Respawn conditions hidden, if the Objective did not have a Spawn time.
- Timers now show in the format of XX min, YY sec, rather than the less readable 00:XX:YY.
- A few details have been updated to be more precise.
||Announcers and Entity Pages - Posted on 2019-08-26 by Gnub
Quick update to show some of the data hidden all over the site: Overviews of Announcers and Entities.
Lots of other stuff to come, as always!
- Entities are available from the link at the top of the frontpage!
- Announcers are linked to from whenever they are mentioned as such, like the individual Hero pages, Skin and Entity lists.
||Cosmetic Changes - Posted on 2019-08-24 by Gnub
Following a bit of feedback, the following changes have been made to the site:
Work continues on gathering data for Gold Mounts, as well as getting other neat features added.
- All links have a different color, which should resemble a "half-way there" from the current hover-color, which stays the same.
- The primary Font changed from "Open Sans" to "
MetronicRoboto", to make the text clearer.
- As a result of the new font, the primary text-size was upped a minor bit, but it should help even further with the readability.
||Past Prediction Results Available - Posted on 2019-08-12 by Gnub
This is actually a change I have thought about getting done for quite a while, and it turned out to be rather quick to implement. Naturally, that also means that it will likely be improved later on - but for now, it serves its purpose.
I will likely look into showing Hero Prices, as well as listing changes alongside the Hero Sales, as the next part.
- Rotation and Sales Pages now has a “Compare Predictions”-link visible at the top, which links to a version of the Predictions-page, where a ✔️ marks when a Hero fit the prediction.
- For now, this “only” works from 2015-08-18 and onwards, given the odd release dates for older Heroes gave issues in relation to the “5 weeks after release”-rule. Likely something I’ll revisit.
- The list of “Remaining Heroes” on the Predictions-page changed to an unordered list.
||Further Battleground Rotation Improvements - Posted on 2019-08-09 by Gnub
This is, hopefully, the last smaller round of fixes and improvements I will make on Battleground Rotations for a while, but now everything really looks and behaves like I wanted it to.
And with that, onwards with changes to other parts of the site.
- Rotations Pages shows links to the previous and next week with Battleground Rotation changes, which should make navigation smoother.
- The full Battleground Rotations are only shown on Rotation pages if there has been any changes to the Rotation.
- Just like the recent changes on the Rotation views, the data on the individual Battleground pages now also only takes data before today's date into consideration.
- A few additional Event fixes, in regards to the display of an unknown end date and the case of no Event connections, but a Subuniverse connection existed.
||Rotation Fixes - Posted on 2019-08-06 by Gnub
A few new fixes have been added, given that I found additional errors:
The change regarding a better navigation of Battleground Rotations is in the works, but didn't make it to this update. It'll be added soon, along with other nice stuff!
- Battleground Rotation views now only takes the newest data before today's date into consideration.
- Heroes have visible data on whether they're currently on Rotation and Sale.
- Rotations Page shows the date of the last update to the Battleground Rotations.
- Minor display errors in regards to Event Dates, given that the End Date was included.
||Qhira and some Bug Fixes - Posted on 2019-08-04 by Gnub
The new and fancy Bounty Hunter from Iresia has been added to the site, and with her, a few bug fixes regarding the Battleground Rotations and Events.
There's a few more changes coming regarding the viewing of Battleground Rotations that should make it much easier to navigate, and to make the information seem less cluttered - and other lovely new stuff!
- Qhira's Hero Page is live, along with the new stuff added in the coming patch.
- Rotations Overview and newest Rotation page no longer shows data from the future.
- Subuniverse pages no longer shows an empty section, when no Events are connected.
||Battleground Rotations and Sales Improvements - Posted on 2019-07-24 by Gnub
This is a thing I have been gathering information for, for quite a while - and then came a bit extra, as I got the chance to revisit the Rotation and Sales pages.
Expect a lot more coming in the near future!
- Rotations Overview shows the current Free-to-Play and Battleground Rotations.
- Rotations Listings have had Battleground Rotation changes added.
- Rotation Pages shows Battleground Rotation changes, and how the Rotations looked at that week.
- Battleground Pages shows Rotation information in a new section.
- Hero Rotation Level requirements now shows as ?? if unknown.
- Sales Overview shows the current Heroic Deals and Limited-Time Items.
- Sales Prices now uses the Hero Prices, rather than a fixed value - this history will eventually be shown on the Hero pages as well.
||Event Fixes - Posted on 2019-07-23 by Gnub
As with all new things, a few bugs and formatting improvements has to be made:
And with that, onwards!
- Event Overview shows Events sorted by time, rather than by name.
- Counters and listings for Event Relations fixed - some issues arose from the combination of Event Series and Seasons.
||Major Event Rework - Posted on 2019-07-19 by Gnub
Finally... again! After seeing the Event Pages active for a while, it was clear that changes was needed, and I decided to redo it almost completely. As such, the following changed:
For future plans, it is time to take a look at some of the data I have lying around, but not showing on the site, like the earlier mentioned Battleground Rotations. Stay tuned.
- The Event Overview shows individual Events, rather than Events ordered by series.
- Seasonal Event Pages gives an overview of the items that are only obtainable during the given Seasonal Event - and the respective Events are listed.
- Individual Event Pages show more focused Event details, and reference other related Events as well as the Subuniverses they connect to.
- References to Events have been improved vastly across the site for Skins, Mounts, (Sub)Universes and Battlegrounds.
- Tons of backend-changes in order to make all of this work better, and make future connections more clean.
||Event Thoughts and Minor Tweaks - Posted on 2019-06-21 by Gnub
With Events having been added, I have begun to see ways to severely improve the way of presenting it, making the connections better, while keeping the individual Events separated. It all mostly came from the unexpected Summer Event theme of MechaStorm II, as well as wanting to make the Seasonal pages different from the others.
So, this is mostly to get some minor stuff out of the way, and to ensure that I am definitely still doing work on the site.
- Lots of data reorganizing behind the scenes.
- The Events-page and the Heroes-page got a minor makeover.
- Frontpage and Sales pages only show Limited-Time Items end-date if it's known, which currently often is after it has expired.
||Events Added - Posted on 2019-06-07 by Gnub
Finally! This has likely been one of the biggest content-pushes in quite a while, mostly because of the amount of data gathering needed in order to make it possible.
There are still some good improvements to be done, but at this point it was better to get out there, especially with this year's Summer Event getting closer.
- There is now an Events Page, available from the top.
- Seasonal Events are listed first, with their respective Icon shown.
- Individual Event Pages show Event details such as Duration, what Items have been provided over the Occurences as well as Subuniverse connections.
- Seasonal Events also have their exclusive items listed.
- References to Events have been added across the site for Skins, Mounts, (Sub)Universes and Battlegrounds.
- The Front Page now links to the current Event, if any, and shows the Event Totals.
||Cho'gall Updates - Posted on 2019-05-16 by Gnub
It's not really often that I make updates because of specific Heroes, but Cho'gall has always been quite special in more ways than one. Pun intended.
Events are still on the top of my backlog of things to add, alongside the Battleground Rotations. Stay tuned!
- Rather than being named "Cho'gall (Cho)" and "Cho'gall (Gall)", they're now simply "Cho" and "Gall".
- Sales data for Cho and Gall are merged, just as Skins have been. This is shown with the "Double Trouble"-portrait.
- The Sales-part of the Predictions-page now also only sees Cho'gall as one.
- Hero-page updated to handle their unified data.
- A few fixes for links across the site.
||Battleground Objectives Updates - Posted on 2019-05-10 by Gnub
A few more details have been polished on the site regarding the Battleground pages.
After that, I will probably go back and look closer into Events again, to get that part of the data shown.
- All Mercenaries now have information about which lane they will move down upon capture.
- General Battleground and Objective descriptions improved.
- Continuing gathering the Battleground Rotation data - should be available in not too long.
||Behind the Scenes Updates - Posted on 2019-05-04 by Gnub
In the effort of making the site more SEO-friendly, I have made quite a few changes behind the scenes. It is, however, in preparation for something much cooler in terms of URL-structuring, so it will be visible sooner, rather than later.
A somewhat boring update, but every once in a while, things work like that. I got lots of "visible" stuff on the way, no worries.
- Meta tags added.
- Reading the site for a folder-structure, rather than php-extensions.
- Gathering more Battleground data, which will resolve in being able to show Rotations, too!
||Further Battleground Detail Updates - Posted on 2019-04-27 by Gnub
The work for improving the Battlegrounds information continues, with lots of new details being visible.
I will likely update the descriptions further over time, but that will likely be purely data-driven.
- All Objectives, Mercenary Camps and Watchtowers have information about Amounts and Locations.
- Details have been improved across most Battlegrounds - likely with more to come.
- Updated the numbers at the top of the pages to show the amount of Mercenary Camps and Watchtowers, rather than the number of different types.
- Primary Objectives will continue to show the amount of different objectives to follow, rather than number of elements.
- Fixed a few broken links to the full maps.
||Subuniverses Reorganized - Posted on 2019-04-26 by Gnub
In order to be better prepared for Events being added, I reorganized the current Subuniverses to better reflect this.
All this will be visible once Events are added in not too long.
- The number of subuniverses has gone from 44 to 35.
- That means that 13 has been deleted or merged into others, while 4 new ones has been added.
- On the sidelines, I've tagged Skins and Mounts for whether or not they are Seasonal items and if they were added during an event.
- Event-tagging has been done to Battlegrounds as well. Considering Heroes and Entities as well.
||Anduin Added, Hero Page Tweaks - Posted on 2019-04-23 by Gnub
With the PTR for Anduin going up, the content from the patch has been added, along with a few fixes.
More proper updates to follow soon.
- Anduin, his two skins, hero description and portrait are added.
- The mount Reverence, as well as Varian's new Stormwind Footman skin has been added.
- Checks for Hero Page pictures have been added, and now shows the "Nexus Guy" if not found.
- A few checks for Hero Portraits were fixed.
||Entities, Battleground Updates and Twitter - Posted on 2019-04-21 by Gnub
For the ongoing working of improving the newly added Battlegrounds information, I realized that I didn't have Entities shown.
In other news, I decided to make an official Twitter: @NexusCompendium, where I will post whenever new stuff is added (like these posts), as well as other relevant details, insights and the like. Give it a follow!
- Battlegrounds have information about whether Mercenary Camps are available during the Primary Objective.
- The relevant Entities of a given Battleground is shown, along with their relation to it.
- Entities have gotten pictures all over the site!
- Lots of descriptions have been improved since last - with much more in the works!
||Current Event Shown - Posted on 2019-04-14 by Gnub
Just a tiny thing I wanted to get active, before a much bigger push later down the line happens.
The groundwork for Events has been made, but it requires a restructuring of the data for the various Subuniverses, Skins and Mouunts, which means it will likely take a while before it's shown on the site.
- Frontpage now shows if there's an ongoing event.
- Details include the name, if it's seasonal as well as the start- and enddates, if known.
||Hero Role Pages and References - Posted on 2019-04-12 by Gnub
As mentioned yesterday, I have created dedicated pages for each of the Hero Roles, which gives some more ways to get an overview.
Stay tuned for more updates, which will likely be tunings to Battlegrounds and the like.
- The Heroes page now shows the current Hero Roles.
- The individual Hero Role pages shows the description for the Role (as per Expanded Hero Roles Blog, as well as the Heroes with that role.
- Each Hero page now has a link to the Role, as well as a small Role Icon.
- To match that, a Universe icon has been added as well.
- The Universe icon is also visible on the new Battleground pages.
||Battleground Details - Posted on 2019-04-11 by Gnub
After being a work-in-progress for quite a while, I have finally finished up the first version of the Battleground Overview.
Next point on the agenda is highly likely to be have dedicated pages for the new Hero Roles (which I updated recently), to better give an overview of which Heroes fit in each.
- All Battleground Listings point to the respective Battleground Page.
- Pages include the basic information as Released, Universe-connection and HeroesPatchNotes links.
- Furthermore, every Battleground also has Objective, Mercenary Camp and Watchtower details and descriptions. These will likely be improved later on.
- A bit of additional tweaks behind the scenes.
||Limited-Time Items on Sales List and Polishing - Posted on 2019-03-31 by Gnub
A few minor cosmetic site-changes for today after the recent portrait-changes.
The latter will likely be the next focus point, in order to get some more data regarding Battlegrounds out there.
- Sales overview now displays Limited-Time Items.
- Sales and Rotation lists have their numbers highlighted.
- All Pages have had their titles switched around, so they follow the logic of specifics first, rather than depth listing. For example: Li Li - Hero - Nexus Compendium vs. Nexus Compendium - Hero - Li Li.
- As a preparation for the individual Battleground-pages, Lost Caverns has been removed. Brawls and other maps will likely be (re-)added at a later point.
||New Roles Added and Hero Portraits - Posted on 2019-03-28 by Gnub
Now that the new Expanded Hero Roles are live, it was time to get that shown on the site. That also made me do a few other fixes.
Lots of other stuff coming soon!
- Hero Pages are updated with the new Hero Roles.
- All Roles - except Assassins - now also show if they are Ranged or Melee.
- References to Heroes on Rotation, Sales and Universe sites now use the Portraits, just like on the front page - simply because it looks more neat and compact.
- Just like I have previously added special notes for Brightwing and Alarak, Orphea got one as well!
- Fixed a few display errors when Limited-Time Items were removed, which happened for the first time on this week's reset.
||Prediction Fixes - Posted on 2019-03-22 by Gnub
With the Predictions going live, I noticed an error during the week, which caused Hero Sales to not be shown for the "remaining" row under certain circumstances.
Behind the scenes, I'm now looking closer at Events, which will also result in an overhaul of the Subuniverses, given that many of them are based directly on events. More on that later.
- While I did a temporary fix during the week (live editing via FTP on a smartphone, woo), the error is now fixed for good, by reorganized the logic.
- The "Remaining"-row now also shows the number of weeks till that date, as it's hard to judge purely from a date.
- Some references across the site has been fixed, as a result of Rotations and Sales being listed at the same place. Links with "#sales" and "#rotations" should now be "#weekly".
- Skin-listings are now ordered by "Skin, Hero", rather than "Hero, Skin" - that order can be seen on the Hero-pages.
||Full Predictions - Posted on 2019-03-16 by Gnub
This news post is something I have looked forward to posting for a long time now, since I started working on it with more focus at the beginning of the year.
There will likely be some additional tweeks to the Prediction-methods, as I have yet to include the use of Medians yet.
- The top menu has been updated with a new "Prediction"-point. This page shows the full predictions for Hero Rotations and Sales for the next 3 full weeks, and then lists the rest. Take a look!
- Compared to the old retired Prediciton-list, the order of candidates on a given list should now more correctly reflect their probability - for instance, "weeks delayed" is now ranked much higher than before.
- Hero Pages have been cleaned up, so that Rotations/Sales data are now listed next to each other, making it look cleaner and more compact.
- Tons of work behind the scenes, so that all predictions and such works off the same logic.
||Tweaks with Current-Indicator - Posted on 2019-03-12 by Gnub
Whenever I add something new, I usually discover an obscure bug a few days later - and this is no different.
Predictions 2.0 is otherwise progressing great, and I have gathered lots of data on the side for Events and Battlegrounds. Next goal is to add those.
- The Current-indicator now correctly takes into consideration that Rotations and Sales change at different times.
- As such, it shouldn't be able to conclude that data is missing, until the reset has happened.
- This is especially annoying, given that the Sales data is often delayed these days - and the goal is to reflect how everything is, well, currently.
- Slightly unrelated, but the "View all News"-text at the bottom now shows the total number of newsposts.
||Current Sales and Rotation Corrections - Posted on 2019-03-08 by Gnub
Applied a minor fix to the views of the view of Current Rotation and Sales data across the site.
No worries, I'm still working on lots of stuff - it's simply not visible at this time.
- Frontpage doesn't change Sales/Rotations purely from date, but looks at the time of the day as well.
- Sales- and Rotation-overviews had their Current-marker updated.
- Frontpage should show if the current Sales date could be Outdated, given that this has become available rather late.
||Limited-Time Items Shown - Posted on 2019-02-15 by Gnub
As mentioned in the post a few days ago, the in-game Collection introduced the new Limited-Time Items, which is now visible on the site.
The Sales-overview page doesn't yet show it, but it's something I might look into later on.
- The Frontpage got tweaked to include current Limited-Time Items.
- The individual Sales-pages now shows Limited-Time Items - both current and their status.
- Both had their texts updated for more clarity.
||Sales- and Gem-related Fixes - Posted on 2019-02-13 by Gnub
With the changes to the Collection that happened yesterday, it means that certain aspects of the Compendium is now in need of changes, and may - as such - seem incomplete and incorrect as it currently stands.
As for Skins/Mount-sales predictions, these no longer make sense. This will no doubt make the upcoming "Predictions 2.0"-page a lot more neat, as everything on it will be purely based on the Heroes.
- The Weekly Sales will only contain Heroes, given that Mounts and Skins on those lists merely meant they were able to be bought with Gems. Luckily, this doesn't require much changing.
- The addition of Limited-Time Items do, however. I've begun looking at a way to get this shown properly, so that the Sales-pages (and Front) will properly show the current Limited-Time Items.
- The upcoming individual pages for Skins and Mount will feature this new information, and show if they are Limited-Time Items, or previously have been.
- The "Gem Only"-attribute for Skins has been removed, as the new Collection changes means that this no longer applies.
- Mounts will, so far, keep the value.
||Subuniverse List and Hero Sale Fixes - Posted on 2019-02-08 by Gnub
When testing out the updated Hero Sale prediction, I found that there was a rather annoying case happening, when a given Hero was released much earlier than the Sales started.
Work with the full prediction is continuing, and also lets me recode a lot of other stuff, which is why it's taking so long.
- If difference between Hero Release and the first sale is more than 30 weeks, it's treated as such.
- This only applies the Hero is released before the first Sale (2015-01-13).
- This rule will also apply to Skins and Mounts, once ready.
- Completely unrelated, the Universe-page how has a list of all Subuniverses.
||Refined Sales Calculation and Titles - Posted on 2019-01-25 by Gnub
Following up on the previous update, the work with unifying and improving the prediction is progressing. That means, for this update, a few minor refinements, and a cosmetic change, too.
The work with the prediction is taking shape, and it shouldn't take long before I have it ready. Hopefully.
- Unlike Rotations, Sales will now take the first instance into consideration, as the first sale isn't a fixed for Sales.
- Pages across the site will now show a fitting title, unlike the previous generic ones (for instance: Hero - Li Li instead of Heroes.
||Improved Hero Sale Estimation - Posted on 2019-01-18 by Gnub
As the work with getting complete predictions for Sales, I have combed through the data in order to be able to give some better estimations. The challenge lies in that the first sale isn't a fixed date, unlike Rotations.
As a bit of bonus information, I have also done the same estimations for Skins and Mounts, which have estimations of 26 weeks (just like Heroes) and 21 weeks, respectfully. All building up to being able to present full Sale-estimations - no matter how off they may be.
- First estimated Hero Sale is 26 weeks after release.
- This bit of data means that all heroes will always have an estimated Sale date, just like Rotations.
- The data is currently visible on the individual Hero pages.
- Hero Pages got a bit of bonus polish, with larger images.
- Behind the scenes, I have also gathered Release-dates for all Skins and Mounts, which will be required to give any sort of estimations for those, later on.
||Sales Bugs Fixed - Posted on 2019-01-04 by Gnub
Starting the year off with a few bug fixes and such. A slow start is better than no start.
No worries, there will be more exiting updates coming in the near future, now that these past ones were not exactly groundbreaking.
- Links to future Rotations and Sales on the front page points to the listings, rather than to the newest data available.
- Sales-page no longer states that old data could be missing, given that old data was completed some time ago.
- Texts for incomplete Sales-data fixed.
- The "Professional"-category of Mounts is no longer called "Frofessional", on all Mount-listings. F.
- A minor bit of polish for the front page.
||View of Current Improved - Posted on 2018-12-30 by Gnub
A few minor things improved for the last update of this first year.
Minor, true, but there's a lot of nice stuff in store for 2019. Priorities and such keep shifting, but it will all eventually show. But, for now: Happy Holidays and New Year!
- The first Rotation-weeks with 7, 10 and 14 heroes shown.
- Rotations-page shows "Current".
- Sales-page shows "Current".
- Few backend-changes to improve my development.
||Mounts Sections Improved - Posted on 2018-12-09 by Gnub
Now that the Mounts-page have been visible for a while, it became apparent that it need a bit of restructuring and the mounts themselves a recategorization.
Minor changes, but some that should help getting the overview, at the very least.
- Mounts page lists all Mounts alphabetically.
- Gold and Gem Only are no longer main categories, but instead a minor detail.
- A new category added for purchasing gems.
- Promo-category split into Promotions and Events.
- Mounts celebrating Professional teams have also gotten their own category.
- Links to Sub- and main Universes from Mounts now points to the Mounts-section of said Universe.
- Images to most of the missing mounts have been added.
||Sales Data Complete and Announcers Shown - Posted on 2018-12-07 by Gnub
It took a while, but it's finally complete, for all 196 Sales! Besides that, the Announcer-information is also shown.
So, yes, as I previously stated, this should mean that I should be able to give predictions for Skins and Mount sales - just like Hero Sales! In the same way, a dedicated Announcer-page will be added eventually.
- Every single Skin-sale is added - 814 in total!
- Every single Mount-sale is added - 194 in total!
- Hero Pages show if the Hero can be used an Announcer!
- Listed Skins show if they can be used an Announcer (currently only Mecha Tyrael, though).
- The same applies for listed Entities.
||References and Sales Data - Posted on 2018-11-16 by Gnub
Bit of a mixed news-post today, as I have added some minor visible things, primarily to honor a few cool Heroes from outside the Nexus.
The last bullet is actually more significant than it sounds, as it means that I'll eventually be able to do predictions on Hero, Skin and Mount sales. It's pretty cool - stay tuned.
- Alarak has a reference to Alarak of the Storm.
- Brightwing has a reference to Brightwing Royalite.
- The dreaded "50% off on EVERYTHING" sale of Black Friday 2015 is changed to simply display "All", rather than attempting to show the actual full list of Heroes, Skins and Mounts.
- In the same way, this is also visible on the total Sales-list.
- Behind the scenes, all sales data is gathered, and "just" has to be converted to the site-data.
||Classic Universe Merged with Nexus - Posted on 2018-11-08 by Gnub
As a follow-up to the findings after BlizzCon and the PTR that brought Orphea, some additional data has shown that our dear Vikings are now part of "the Nexus"-segment - and the old "Classic" is gone. As such:
I might also rename Subuniverses to Realms, as that name makes more sense. Stay tuned for that, and more.
- The Universe is simply called Nexus.
- The contents of the Classic-universe is merged into Nexus.
- Descriptions for Nexus is updated.
- The name of Burning Courts High renamed once again to Burning Courts RCHS, to signify the connection to "Raven Court High School".
||Mounts Images Plus Nexus Additions - Posted on 2018-11-02 by Gnub
Time flies, it's already BlizzCon! That also means that a new hero, Orphea - Heir to Raven Court - is added, but I also got time to heavily update the Mount-views, so:
And, of course, as I mentioned before, pages for Skins, Entities and Announcers will come soon.
- The designated Mounts-page now have images for most of the Mounts.
- The same applies to Subuniverse- and Universe-pages.
- Orphea's release also meant that the Nexus-icon is updated to be less generic.
- The Burning Court-Subuniverse have changed to "Burning Court High", to fit the new cosmetics.
- These remaining cosmetics will be added, once the PTR hits during next week.
||Mounts and About Pages Added - Posted on 2018-10-31 by Gnub
To celebrate that the magnificent Wonder William is now in the Nexus, I decided it was a good time to add a designated page for Mounts.
I'll add a page for Skins, Entities and Announcers shortly!
- The Page lists all 140 Mounts!
- Mounts are ordered by Type.
- Data about Gem-Only mount time-periods are added for those!
- An About-page has been added, that currently has all the sources to Rotations and Sales.
- The Frontpage has, as a result, gotten the intro-text moved there.
||Hero Descriptions Updated - Posted on 2018-10-27 by Gnub
Given the recent addition of Base Skins, the Hero Descriptions were identical to that description.
Stay tuned for more updates!
- The In-Game description has been added to the individual Hero Pages.
- This description gives a good idea of the strengths and special feats about a hero.
- The old Base Skin Description remains, as it always gives a good lore-description.
||Base Skins Added - Posted on 2018-10-25 by Gnub
As part of the work with getting Skins added to Sales, I have added all the Base Skins to the poll, given as some newer Tints of those are sometimes on sale.
More to come soon.
- These skins added 82 Skins, making the total number 393!
- The Skin Description of these are, currently, identical to the Hero Description - which is intended.
- The skins can be seen on individual Hero Pages, as well as Universe Pages.
- Hero Descriptions will later be updated to match the (shorter) in-game description, that elaborates the Hero's role, rather than lore.
||Rotation and Sales Updates - Posted on 2018-10-16 by Gnub
The overall lists of Rotations and Sales have been improved, to show a brief glimpse of insight for the given week, rather than simply the links.
That also means that it's painfully obvious how little live-data for Skins and Mounts is in the system, currently. It's getting there though, behind the scenes.
- Rotations-page shows amount of Heroes.
- Sales-page shows amount of Heroes, Skins and Mounts.
- The Frontpage now shows the complete Sale - Skins and Mounts included!
||More Cho'gall Fixes and Weekly Improvements - Posted on 2018-10-12 by Gnub
Yesterday's fixes with Cho'gall had a minor unforseen consequence, that caused everyone to have Cho'gall's data. Whoopsie! Now, besides that:
Let's hope this doesn't cause any additional unforseen issues. Cho'gall was plenty for now!
- Cho'gall's Hero pages now also link to each other
- The text for "Gem Only"-skins moved to a better spot after the Rarity, for all pages with Skins
- Texts for "X weeks earlier" on Hero Sale and Rotation lists changed to be "X weeks since last time", and listed on the previous line
- This opened for the last line to have the useful "X weeks since release" added
- Minor polishes to the Sales / Rotation navigation
||Minor Fixes - Posted on 2018-10-11 by Gnub
A few fixes were made, as part of the work with Skins in the Sales.
Otherwise, enjoy the new addition of Mal'Ganis!
- Cho'gall's Skins are now visible - on Hero, Universe and Subuniverse pages.
- Navigation on Rotation / Sales pages is better.
||Sales and Skin Updates - Posted on 2018-09-21 by Gnub
A minor addition - and a free preview for the future.
The data for Skins/Mounts in the Weekly Sales is flowing, and will slowly become visible!
- Skins and Mounts are now shown at the Sales pages - data will be added slowly.
- This information will soon be shown (and used) on Hero pages.
- Data about skins being "Gem Only" is now shown at the respectful places on the site (Hero, Sales, Universe and Subuniverse pages).
- Sales and Rotation pages refer to each other on identical weeks.
||Frontpage Updates - Posted on 2018-09-20 by Gnub
Small update for now, but that doesn't mean that lots of stuff haven't been happening behind the scenes.
Furthermore, I've been doing a lot of behind-the-scenes work in order to add Events, as well as Skins/Mounts to the Weekly Sales - stay tuned!
- Portrait-view added for Rotations and Sales!
- Lots of data-corrections in Skins, Mounts and Subuniverses.
- Rotation- and Sales- data continuously updated.
- A grand total of everything is added at the top.
||Design Tweaks - Posted on 2018-08-11 by Gnub
At the end of June, I made some significant changes to the design of the site - and with the newest addition of Skins and Mounts, the color scheme got tested. The various rarity colors didn't look that great with the theme. So, it needed a few changes:
There might be other tweaks coming later, but these should do for now.
- Link hover-color got toned down.
- Fonts of Headers and Body got switched.
- The primary background color is changed to a gray-scale, rather than the blue/purple Nexus-colors.
- Rarity colors are closer to their counterparts, rather than estimations.
||Subuniverses, Skins and Mounts Added - Posted on 2018-08-05 by Gnub
Finally! This is probably the biggest content-wise update of the site I have done since I started. I am delighted to finally being able to show Subuniverses, Skins and Mounts. That means:
Check it out - there might be some data that needs changing, altering or otherwise. Let me know!
- All Subuniverses are now shown on the site - a total of 42 - under their respective Universe-pages.
- Based on my existing lists, I have merged and renamed a few of them to fit better.
- Subuniverses have their own pages, listing Entities, Battlegrounds, Skins and Mounts.
- Universe pages also show the Skins and Mounts within all their Subuniverses.
- Hero pages show Skins.
- Skins and Mounts always show their Rarity and Type.
- Linking from page to page has been further improved.
||Skins/Mount Sneak-peek and Better Linking - Posted on 2018-08-04 by Gnub
In order to get the showing of Skins and Mounts shown on the site, a few improvements have been made:
Next up is actually showing the Skin- and Mount-descriptions in a logical way, as well as creating the designated Subuniverse-pages.
- All Skins are added to the Database - a grand total of 305 (and that's excluding Base skins)!
- All Mounts are added to the Database - a grand total of 124!
- Number of Skins can be seen on Hero and Universe pages.
- Number of Mounts can be seen on Universe pages.
- Heroes have links to Rotations and Sales at the top - with numbers.
- Universes have links to Heroes, Subuniverses, Entities and Battlegrounds at the top - also with numbers.
- Rotation lists links to the Rotation-section on Hero-pages.
- The same applies to Sales.
||Subuniverse and Entity Tweaks - Posted on 2018-07-29 by Gnub
As part of the work of adding Skins and Mounts to the databases, a few tweaks was made:
The next real part will be to do and early presentation of the Skin and Mount data, as well as beginning the work for the designated Subuniverse-pages.
- The newly announced hero Whitemane, has been added!
- The list of Subuniverses had a few additions.
- Entities had some corrections, in regards to their corresponding Subuniverse.
- Subuniverse and Entity displays on Universe-pages are a bit less cluttered.
- Heroes with a Unique Mount had that information added to their page.
||Subuniverses and Entities Added - Posted on 2018-07-24 by Gnub
After being underway behind the scenes for a while, I've finally finished adding the full list of Subuniverses and, as a bonus, the Entities within. That means that:
All this is meant as the foundation for when Skins will be added, and separating Subuniverses to individual pages, to lessen the clutter on Universe pages.
- Universe pages show all Subuniverses within them.
- They also show all Entities within.
- Heroes-listings also look more neat.
||Quality of Life Tweaks - Posted on 2018-07-23 by Gnub
I've made a few "Quality of Life" tweaks on the site, which should improve the overall navigation a bit. These include:
Hope that helps a bit. Keep checking back, as I continue to add more stuff.
- Every individual Rotation/Sale page has links to the previous and next Rotation/Sale
- Rotation Prediction-page now shows the reasoning (average/consistency)
- The front page now shows the Current Rotation/Sale, rather than the Newest
- If newer data is available, a link to said Rotation/Sale is present
||Hero Sale Data Complete - Posted on 2018-07-17 by Gnub
After going through the vast reaches of the internet, I found the remaining Hero Sales from before Heroes 2.0. That is, before everything was Gems, Shards and such. That means:
That means that there's currently a whooping 176 weeks of sales data active, from the previous 63. Enjoy!
- Old first week: 2017-04-25
- New first week: 2015-01-13
||Rotation Predictions - Posted on 2018-07-02 by Gnub
One of the bigger features of the site is the predictions for when a given hero would be on Rotation again. I've finally gotten around to combining it all, and sort it by weeks. That means:
The "Estimated certainty" is still a work a progress, and will be improved over time. For now, take a look: here.
- All heroes that are estimated to be on rotation for a given week, is listed there.
- Every hero is only listed once (even though a week they're likely to appear in is also listed).
- The predicted week on Hero pages links to the predictions.
- The main Rotation-page links to the predictions.
- Rotations-page is now also given headers for every year.
||Design Overhaul (continued) - Posted on 2018-06-30 by Gnub
After spending a few hours combing through the changes from the new design (again, a huge thanks to Logan Apple), I have now gotten the last few quirks sorted out - which also meant going through all the pages in a more organized matter. That means:
I got a few more design-related things on my to-do list still, which would include a better hero-listing on the frontpage and in rotations - as well as making the huge rotation and sales lists easier to comb through.
- New fonts across the board.
- A Nexagon favicon.
- A lot of "under the hood"-stuff, that makes everything easier to code.
- Should look much neater on smartphones, etc.
||Design Overhaul - Posted on 2018-06-23 by Gnub
A few weeks ago, not long after I had gotten the first version out, I was contacted by Logan Apple about making a better design. Now, I've finally gotten to improve on it - but it's still a work in progress. Those improvements means:
Still some additional things to be done, which will be added over time.
- An actual background!
- Smoother colors and transitions.
- Soft borders around images.
- Hero-listings on the Heroes-page is now with images!
- The same style is applied in Universe-pages.
||Battlegrounds Polishing - Posted on 2018-06-22 by Gnub
A few minor things were made prettier with Battlegrounds:
Additional polishing and other content coming over the summer.
- Battegrounds page includes picture, and listed similar to the news here.
- The same change is applied to the Battlegrounds listed at a Universe page.
- Minor polishing in regards to Hero Sales on front page and individual Hero pages
||Battlegrounds Added - Posted on 2018-06-17 by Gnub
To expand a bit on the newer segment of Universes, I've added options to view Battlegrounds. This means:
Next on the list is likely to also include Entities (Realm Lords, and so on), but also to take a closer look at showing a full prediction of the next Rotations - and maybe even sales.
- There's a new heading: "Battlegrounds" - check the top menu!
- This page lists all current battlegrounds, as well as the description, official link, release date and its universe.
- The individual Universe-pages shows the battlegrounds within the universe.
- News on the front page is limited to the 3 newest posts - with a link to the full list at the end.
- Front-page also shows newest Hero Sales.
||Hero Sales (Second Step) - Posted on 2018-06-11 by Gnub
After a bit of work, the hero-part of the Heroic Deals is now finished. That means the page now contains
Next step I'm going to look into is going deeper into the lore, by looking closer at Universes, Entities and Battlegrounds. Stay tuned!
- There's a new Sales page, containing all heroes that were part of Heroic Deals back until 2017-05-09.
- All Heroic Deals have an individual page, showing the heroes, and price, for that week.
- Hero pages now link to the sales, if they were present in it.
- A few polishments Hero, Rotations and the front page.
||Hero Sales (First Step) - Posted on 2018-06-08 by Gnub
So, to end of tonight, the following has now been added:
Individual pages (and links) of sales to follow shortly. The data is there, after all. Stay tuned.
- Hero Sales are added to the individual hero pages
- Predictions of the next sale works if there's data for more than one week, as the date for the sale, unlike Rotations, isn't based on release date.
- Minor polishments to the Rotation displays.
||Universes (and Other Additions) - Posted on 2018-06-05 by Gnub
Yep, yet another day with additions - some of them being made yesterday:
The site is also about to be a lot prettier! Stay tuned.
- There's a list of the main Universes available - check the top menu!
- Each Universe lists the known subuniverses (this list is a work in progress) - and Heroes!
- Hero pages links to their corresponding universes!
- They also have a link to the individual hero's changes on Heroes Patch Notes
- The newly announced hero Yrel is added!
- Images have gotten a thin white border.
- Work with "Weekly Hero Sales" is in progress!
||Minor Rotation Tweaks - Posted on 2018-06-02 by Gnub
Changed a few minor things, given the first line of feedback:
I'll work a bit more on getting the predictions to seem more realistic. If you see a predicted date that's in the past - it should mean that the hero is expected to be in rotation soon.
- As you can see above, the newest rotation is now visible on this page
- Hero pages looks a bit better
- Fixed "amount" to "number". Curse you, English language!
- Rotations-page shows the amount of rotations
||Rotation Statistics Added - Posted on 2018-05-31 by Gnub
As I mentioned yesterday, I've added a few new features to the individual hero rotation pages.
You should now be able to see the following new bits of information:
The latter took a bit of work, but I'm hoping it'll prove useful in the future.
- The number of weeks between each time a hero was on rotation
- The highest, lowest and average number of weeks between a given hero has been on rotation
- A prediction of when the hero will next be on rotation - based on either the average value, or the difference between the newest rotations, if it has been consistent for at least 5 rotations
||Rotation Data Complete - Posted on 2018-05-30 by Gnub
I've finally completed adding all the rotation data - all the way back till the very beginning, the week of 2015-02-10. That means that there is currently 173 weeks of data!
Naturally, this could probably be used to predict the next full rotation - but I'll hang back with that for a while, as I'm guessing the most important (and useful) part is the individual hero's estimation.
- Next part is adding some useful hero-specific data
- The goal is to make it visible how often a hero is on rotation, with the goal of being able to predict the next one.
- I have some pretty good ideas for this, so it likely won't take long.
||Hello World - Posted on 2018-05-28 by Gnub
What a day - I've finally gotten to start properly working on The Nexus Compendium, and getting the first iteration out there, which contains the following:
... and still lots more to come!
- A full list of Heroes
- Basic details about the Heroes
- The current Free-to-Play Hero Rotations - Check the full list to see which weeks have been added so far (at this point, until 2016-11-08).
- Information about when a given Heroes have been on rotation