Welcome to the Nexus Compendium!
The Compendium Holds the Knowledge of:
Currently in the Nexus <2020-03-29>
Visit the Currently in the Nexus page, to stay updated on the Current Event, Rotations and Heroic Deals.
Recent Compendium News:
Updates - and other assorted news and findings - are also often posted on Twitter: @NexusCompendium.
View More News (93 Posts)
||More Icons and Spring Cleaning - Posted on 2020-03-28 by Gnub
As promised, this update has affected a ton of different things across the site.
Next up will likely be to make sure the Spring Event information is added, as well as finishing up on Skin Images - and probably a bit more spring cleaning, too!
- If an Event is active, "Currently in the Nexus" will show that, as well as an additional upcoming Event.
- Rotation and Gem Icons have been added on the Heroes Overview, to show which Heroes are currently on Rotation and on Sale.
- Rotation and "Forbidden" Icons have been added on the Battlegrounds Overview, to show which are in the Ranked and not in the Unranked Rotation.
- Mounts on the Mounts Overview, Subuniverse, Universe and Event Pages have gotten Gold and Gem Icons, to show their "Gold Only" or "Gem Only" properties.
- Events can now handle not having a date, and also show Heroes related to the Event.
- Hero Sales on individual Sale Pages and "Currently in the Nexus" now show with a Gem icon, as well as showing both the original and reduced prices.
- The "Current!"-text on Rotations, Sales and Events Overviews now links to "Currently in the Nexus" - but have also gotten the various listings removed, to make the pages more clean.
- The Frontpage version of "Currently in the Nexus" have been condensed further, but now have the 5 most recent newsposts, rather than 3.
- The page-footer and text before News have received a Twitter Icon, linking to the official profile!
||Cosmetic Changes and Update - Posted on 2020-03-23 by Gnub
Mostly just in order to update that everything is fine here, amidst the COVID-19 crisis going on all over the world, which has limited my time greatly. Family over all, basically. Still, a few fixes has been made:
Lots of other small fixes coming soon, which is mostly to do a bit of Spring cleaning, and preparing to show future content, where some elements are unknown - specifically Event dates.
- Mentions of the "Special All Heroes Free-to-Play Periods" are now called that, rather than Events - given that it is not an Event.
- The "All Heroes" portrait and text now links to the Heroes Overview, rather than nothing.
- A minor error on Gold Mount pages, showing them as being Gem Mounts is fixed.
- Links for Limited-Time Skins fixed.
||Skin Pages and Limited-Time Icons - Posted on 2020-02-21 by Gnub
Skin Pages are finally here - and with it, a ton of changes across the site, which caused almost side-wide updates. It's worth to note that the work on Skin-Images is far from done, but I found that to be of less importance for now. They'll all be added, eventually.
I have plans made for Skin and Mount Tints, as this will make stuff much better for showing both Seasonal and Limited-Time content - and likely some other updates to clean up the site.
- All Skins have their own Individual Page, including information about Sales, Limited-Time periods, if the Skin had previously been a Master or Gem Only - and many other things!
- A shiny Skins Overview Page.
- Reference to Skins across the Site now shows Image, in a matter similar to Mounts.
- Just like Seasonal Icons, Limited-Time Icons have been added.
- The Headline-style has changed across the site to "Name <Type>", rather than the opposite, and simplified for sub-headlines.
- Seasonal Event keys have updated to better match the name of the Event itself (something that should have been done ages ago), rather than which Season it belonged to.
- The Event Overview now uses the newly added Seasonal Icons as well.
- A few fixes were made to Event Pages, as it showed the incorrect numbers of Battlegrounds supplied - and didn't even show them in the first place.
- Some updates to the different pages' meta keywords. Nothing to talk about.
||Skin Naming Updates - Posted on 2020-02-14 by Gnub
With the work on Skins being properly in motion, I figured it was time to get the naming conventions sorted out, given as Skins had been a combination of the Skins name and that of the Hero wearing it.
Basically, a very back-end heavy update, but one that was sorely needed. The work continues.
- Skin Names updated across the site.
- Names that previously altered the Hero's name (such as Cyb'arak, Doctor Wolf & Stein and the like) now shows correctly.
- All of Cho'gall's skins now points to Cho, rather than having a special case referring to both - this will, naturally, be fixed when the individual pages hit.
- The Seasonal icons have moved physical location.
- Cho and Gall now have more fitting hero-keys ("cho" and "gall", respectfully).
||Seasonal Icons Added - Posted on 2020-02-10 by Gnub
After finally getting a version of the Seasonal Icons, that could still be easily recognizable in a tiny version, I thought this was a good time to add them, as it really made everything much more clear.
Along with the continued Skins work, I will get a Limited-Time Icon added soon as well, after I figure out a good way to show it, given that it's often only a given Tint of an item which is Limited, rather than the full Mount or Skin.
- Universe, Subuniverse and Hero Pages that lists Mounts or Skins, now shows a tiny Seasonal Icon.
- The newly rebuilt Mounts Overview, as well as the Frontpage and Currently in the Nexus also has it visible.
- The file format of the icons changed that of the bigger logos.
- Updated duration and remaining time left displays for Events across the site to be more clear.
- Some redundant information about Events being removed as well, given as it was already visible with the Seasonal logo.
- Counts of Skins and Mounts on Event Pages got updated to more clearly show if the items they added were Seasonal or not - or both!